A quotes list created by Lee Sonogan
Their guy is intriguing because he innovated in the laughter sitcom genre. Without the low budget but highly rememberable scenes and characters, we would not have something I love like It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia. Or even The Big Bang Theory, they all share well written observational humour emphasising the allegory between tragedy and comedy. Admitting to not seen much of full episodes, I see its infamous moments such in modern culture plus deeper contexts!
- I am so busy doing nothing… that the idea of doing anything – which as you know, always leads to something – cuts into the nothing and then forces me to have to drop everything.It’s amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world every day always just exactly fits the newspaper.
- Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.
- A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking.
- You don’t even really need a place. But you feel like you’re doing something. That is what coffee is. And that is one of the geniuses of the new coffee culture.
- My theory is 98 percent of all human endeavor is killing time.
- There is no such thing as fun for the whole family.
- Men like a ref decision because they just want to get back to the game.
- Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God’s final word on where your lips end.
- We’ve fallen into a trap of ever-widening orbits of contact, and there is a total disregard for the present moment.
- There’s different kinds of laughs. It’s like a baseball lineup: this guy’s your power hitter, this guy gets on base, this guy works out walks. If everybody does their job, we’re gonna win.
- Once you start doing only what you’ve already proven you can do, you’re on the road to death.
- Now they show you how detergents take out bloodstains, a pretty violent image there. I think if you’ve got a T-shirt with a bloodstain all over it, maybe laundry isn’t your biggest problem. Maybe you should get rid of the body before you do the wash.
- I like money, but it’s never been about the money.
- Marriage is like a game of chess except the board is flowing water, the pieces are made of smoke and no move you make will have any effect on the outcome.
- You want to do good things, and once you’ve done a couple of good things in a row, you think ‘Well gee, let’s not mess this up.’ But I am lucky at this point that I have something I really love to do, and it completely holds my attention. I never feel frustrated by it.
- When someone does a small task beautifully, their whole environment is affected by it.
- For me, it’s a purity thing about the joke itself. It’s a test of a joke whether or not you do it completely clean and it works. If it does, then that’s a legitimate item you have there. For me, it’s nothing to do with finding those words offensive. It’s just not what I’m in search of. Do it clean, and you are really earning that laugh.
- I don’t want to be too critical of what other people do, but when people go back to do the same thing that they did, I’m completely confused. I’m like, ‘Didn’t you make that movie already?’ I’ve been very fortunate, and I’m well taken care of, so the least I can do is try to go forward.
I have seen a decent amount of his other stuff from interviews, appearances and various other projects to appreciate these words. Thinking of an ultimate 1000 list of the best ever quotes and there are a few contenders here to consider.