A quotes list created by Lee Sonogan
Hearing about her name in the first Mr Bean movie years ago now, her story is intriguing plus controversial according to some critics. Nun vows of chastity, poverty and obedience, the purists may question the confession of disconnect away from God in her later years (Which she wanted to be destroyed), Melanie McDonagh believes “What she wasn’t was a head of government. She didn’t address the fundamental causes of poverty because she was addressing the symptoms and she did that well. She wasn’t trying to do anything except treat people at the margins of society as if they were Christ himself,”.
- Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.
- Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
- The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.
- If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.
- What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.
- I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.
- I want you to be concerned about your next-door neighbor. Do you know your next-door neighbor?
- I am not sure exactly what heaven will be like, but I know that when we die and it comes time for God to judge us, he will not ask, ‘How many good things have you done in your life?’ rather he will ask, ‘How much love did you put into what you did?
- God doesn’t require us to succeed, he only requires that you try.
- If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
- It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.
- Joy is a net of love in which you can catch souls.
- Never travel faster than your guardian angel can fly.
- Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.
- If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.
- Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.
- We do not need guns and bombs to bring peace, we need love and compassion.
- Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.
- Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
- Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.
- We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
- Intense love does not measure, it just gives.
- I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.
- We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.
- Love cannot remain by itself – it has no meaning. Love has to be put into action, and that action is service.
- The most terrible poverty is loneliness, and the feeling of being unloved.
- If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
The public humanitarian or the evil women put on a pedestal? Look at any comments section and you will see the partisans debating her content of character. I wish I know the inherently objective truth but nonetheless, her words are full of substance. To dissect important figures of history or allow them to be a symbol of greatness for others to interpret?