A list created by: Lee Sonogan
Creativity is like a muscle. So you have to train it. Creativity involves topics/themes including engineering, psychology, cognitive science, education, philosophy, technology, theology, sociology, linguistics, business studies, songwriting, economics, covering the relations between creativity and general intelligence, personality types, mental and neurological processes, mental health, artificial intelligence and much more! Only certain people are creative while studies suggest it has a connection between intelligence and psychoticism.
1. Start a daily project.
2. Start a long-term project
3. Be motivated to create
4. Research topics/themes
5. Answer questions and find solutions
6. Ask questions.
7. Brainstorm with a friend/s.
8. Feedback and comments
9. Take appropriate/planned risks.
10. Be more persuasive
11. Be more descriptive
12. Write ideas down
13. Connect ideas and concepts together
14. Create helpful lists
15. See people’s reviews on relevent topics for personal recommendations
16. Use the internet to find information with good sources/references
17. Social media/Search engines
18. Start a blog
19. Use YouTube to learn something new
20. Join an online community
21. Learn through Collaboration with someone online
22. Listen to podcasts from other creatives
23. Watch movies/ tv shows
24. Listen to music
25. Play video games
26. Design your own video game
27. Paint/Create images
28. Write poetry
29. Consider writing a play
30. Create something interesting on Photoshop
31. Make a compilation video of a topic you like
32. Record and edit your own videos
33. Listen to an audio book
34. Watch a live streamed video from a different country
35. Stand up comedy performances
36. Watch documentaries
37. Watch performance art
38. Do free courses online on all sorts of topics
39. Go to a relevent creative community you like
40. Get outside into nature. – (Balcony, garden, park, beach, garden centre, ect)
41. Go for a photo walk around your neighbourhood.
42. Go to a free lecture.
43. Go to a course for a topic you like.
44. Go to a meet and greet.
45. Go to a festival or show.
46. Do something that raises your heart rate.
47. Laugh a little
48. Experience something new in person
49. Have some booze
51. Do some Yoga
52. Sit in a coffee shop
53. Hang out with sarcastic people
56. Decorate stones and leave them around for people to find.
57. Try a new food, something you’d never normally order.
58. Spend time alone.
59. Work when you are tired
60. Do not stress about perfection
62. Excercise your eyes
63. Lie down
64. Look at something blue or green
65. Think about something far away
66. Deal with rejection
67. Art prompts
68. Get taboo with your ideas
69. Rant about something
70. Look around your home for unusual things you could use in your art.
71. Pull out a book, open it at random and see what wisdom it has for you.
72. Take your favourite quote and your favourite photo and find a creative way to put them together.
73. Draw a simple pattern and colour it in.
74. Try drawing something with your non dominant hand.
75. Listen to a TED talk for inspiration or a new perspective.
76. Create a Pinterest board for a very specific thing that interests you.
77. Create a Facebook page.
78. Make your creativity a timed challenge.
79. Give yourself deadlines.
80. Practice mindfulness
81. Start a diary/journal
82. Use wordplay to exercise your brain
83. See beauty or humour in the mundane
84. Reflect with one word
85. Repurpose something
86. Take the RAT test
87. 3D Visualization
88. Create an animated gif library
89. Use some improvisation
90. Think positive
91. Do crossword puzzles
92. Be-self aware
93. Have sex
94. Remember past experiences
95. Brainwave entrainment
96. Use a sensory deprivation tank
97. Logically develop your ideas
98. Be in the right mood to create
99. Think about others
100. Re-read this 100 list
There is probably much more ways to increase your creativity. When the ideas start to flow then you must commit to your ideas and concepts. You can apply any of these methods to anything that needs creative ideas. Everyone is inspired in different ways. Try these listed to help with the process.