A beverage review written by: Lee Sonogan
(Beginning of time) Beverage/H20
“Water is the most perfect traveller because when it travels it becomes the path itself!”
― Mehmet Murat ildan
Water is something you must drink to exist. Without it you will surely become very unhealthy. Human bones are 25% water. Also water makes up a full 70 percent of our body mass. Also in nature water dissolves more substances than any other liquid. Wherever it travels, water carries chemicals, minerals, and nutrients with it.
Of all the water on earth, only 2.5% is fresh water. Fresh water is either groundwater (0,5%), or readily accessible water in lakes, streams, rivers, etc. (0,01%). As oceans are very wide and there are multiple to be found on Earth, oceans store most of the Earth’s water. This is apparently 97% of the total amount of water on earth, 2% of which is frozen.
Each day the sun evaporates a trillion tons of water. Hot water can freeze faster than cold water under some conditions commonly known as the Mpemba effect. Water regulates the Earth’s temperature. A swimming pool naturally loses about 1,000 gallons (3,785 liters) a month to evaporation.
Facts about water:
- A person can live about a month without food, but only about a week without water. If a human does not absorb enough water dehydration is the result.
- Most of the earth’s surface water is permanently frozen or salty.
- About 25,700 litres (6,800 gallons) of water is required to grow a day’s food for a family of four.
- When water contains a lot of calcium and magnesium, it is called hard water. Hard water is not suited for all purposes water is normally used for.
- More than 2 billion people on earth do not have a safe supply of water.
- 70% of an elephant is water.
- Unsafe water kills 200 children every hour.
- 70% of the human brain is water.
- 80% of all illness in the developing world is water related.
- There is about the same amount of water on Earth now as there was millions of years ago.
- By 2025, water withdrawals are predicted to increase by 50 percent in developing countries and 18 percent in developed countries.
- Over 90% of the world’s supply of fresh water is located in Antarctica.
Drinking too much water can be fatal (known as water intoxication).
- Each cubic foot of Martian soil contains around two pints of liquid water, though the molecules are not freely accessible, but rather bound to other minerals in the soil.
- NASA has discovered water in the form of ice on the moon.
- 1 pound of chocolate requires 3,170 gallons of water.
You should drink enough to equal ½ your body weight in ounces each day. If you weigh 140 lbs., drink 70 oz and if you weigh 200 lbs drink 100 oz. Insufficient water consumption is actually a risk factor for colon, breast and urinary tract cancers such as cancers of the kidneys, bladder, prostate, and testicles. Hydration is critical to blood circulation to allow immune system cells to reach damaged tissues in greater numbers.
Be glad that most of us have tap water, because less than 1% of the water supply on earth can be used as drinking water. Sometimes water is the perfect drink to drink. You can mix it with almost anything to add flavour. It hydrates and refreshes your body and mind. I drink 2-3 drink bottles of water a day. I recommend water to all life.
‘Drinking water is like washing out your insides. The water will cleanse the system, fill you up, decrease your caloric load and improve the function of all your tissues.”– Kevin R. Stone