An article written by: Lee Sonogan
“Anyone who likes or hates Dana White should take a look at this.”
― June White, Dana White, King of MMA
After months of speculation, it is happening on the date of 26 August 2017. Which is tomorrow in Nevada at the T-Mobile Arena located in America (USA). Not watching much UFC or following it. This is one fight I wanna see. Both are interesting fighters with plenty of records and experience behind them. It is interesting to YouTube both fighters fights and see how different they both are.
How old are the two fighters? The Irishman is 29 while Mayweather just turned forty. McGregor stands 5 ft 9 in tall, meaning he boasts a one inch height advantage over Mayweather. He has a reach of 74 in, giving him a 2 in reach advantage. McGregor’s MMA record stands at 24 fights, 21 wins and three defeats. 18 of his victories have come via knockout, one via submission and just two by decision
Date, Event, Opponent, Result, Decision, Round, Time:
- Nov 12, 2016 UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor Eddie Alvarez Win KO/TKO 2 3:04
- Aug 20, 2016 UFC 202: Diaz vs. McGregor 2 Nate Diaz Win Decision – Majority 5 5:00
- Mar 5, 2016 UFC 196: McGregor vs. Diaz Nate Diaz Loss Submission (rear naked choke) 2 4:12
- Dec 12, 2015 UFC 194: Aldo vs. McGregor Jose Aldo Win KO/TKO 1 0:13
- Jul 11, 2015 UFC 189: Mendes vs. McGregor Chad Mendes Win KO/TKO 2 4:57
- Jan 18, 2015 UFC Fight Night: McGregor vs. Siver Dennis Siver Win KO/TKO 2 1:54
- Sep 27, 2014 UFC 178: Johnson vs. Cariaso Dustin Poirier Win KO/TKO 1 1:46
- Jul 19, 2014 UFC Fight Night 46: McGregor vs. Brandao Diego Brandao Win KO/TKO 1 4:05
- Aug 17, 2013 UFC Fight Night 26: Shogun vs. Sonnen Max Holloway Win Decision – Unanimous 3 5:00
- Apr 6, 2013 UFC on FUEL TV 9: Mousasi vs. Latifi Marcus Brimage Win KO/TKO 1 1:07
- Dec 31, 2012 CWFC 51: Cage Warriors Fighting Championship 51 Ivan Buchinger Win KO 1 3:40
- Jun 2, 2012 CWFC 47: Cage Warriors Fighting Championship 47 Dave Hill Win Submission (Rear Naked Choke) 2 4:10
- Feb 18, 2012 CWFC 45: Cage Warriors Fighting Championship 45 Steve O’Keefe Win KO 1 1:33
- Sep 8, 2011 CWFC: Fight Night 2 Aaron Jahnsen Win KO 1 3:29
- Jun 11, 2011 CG 2: Clash of the Giants Artur Sowinski Win KO 2 –
- Apr 16, 2011 IFC: Immortal Fighting Championship 4 Paddy Doherty Win KO 1 0:04
- Mar 12, 2011 CC 8: Fields vs. Redmond Mike Wood Win KO 1 0:16
- Feb 12, 2011 CFC: Chaos Fighting Championship 8 Hugh Brady Win KO 1 2:31
- Nov 27, 2010 CWFC 39: The Uprising Joseph Duffy Loss Submission (Arm Triangle) 1 0:38
- Oct 9, 2010 CFC: Chaos Fighting Championship 7 Connor Dillon Win TKO 1 4:22
- Dec 12, 2008 K.O.: The Fight Before Christmas Stephen Bailey Win TKO 1 1:22
- Jun 28, 2008 COT 3: Cage of Truth Artemji Sitenkov Loss Submission (Kneebar) 1 0:30
- May 3, 2008 Cage Rage: Contenders: Ireland vs. Belgium Mo Taylor Win TKO 1 –
- Mar 8, 2008 COT 2: Cage of Truth Gary Morris Win TKO (Punches) 2 –
Mayweather was named ‘Fighter of the Year’ by the Ring magazine twice in 1998 and 2007. He was named ‘Fighter of the Year’ by the Boxing Writers Association of America in 2007. Floyd has dominated the ranks up and down in his career. Perhaps he’s been calculating and tactical about which fights he takes, but one thing cannot be contested. His record is (46-0).
It goes without saying that aggressiveness in boxing matters, but Floyd wins as a defensive specialist because he fights smarter than his opponents. He fights his game plan, not theirs. Aggressiveness and toughness matter in fighting, but not nearly as much as smarts and strategy.
What is McGregors boxing record? He doesn’t have one! McGregor will be making his professional boxing debut when he fights Mayweather on August 26. McGregor is known primarily as a striker, with the vast majority of his victories coming standing up rather than down on the ground. He began his MMA career as a gifted counter-puncher but has since adopted a far more aggressive style. He fights out of the southpaw stance, but frequently switches to a conventional stance much to the chagrin of his opponents.
What ever happens, there is a lot of hype for this fight. Mayweather has been out of fights for a while. Mayweather has the experience and the ability to maul Conor. Conor has a chance though. If he takes everything he has learned and accomplished and his own believe, he could get very lucky and keep a good distance. My prediction for the fight is it will end in the first two rounds and someone is going to be knocked out. I recommend watching if you do not watch UFC much like me and are interested in the boxing match and its two conflicting styles of the fighters.
“The best fighter is not a Boxer, Karate or Judo man. The best fighter is someone who can adapt on any style. He kicks too good for a Boxer, throws too good for a Karate man, and punches too good for a Judo man.”
― Bruce Lee
2 thoughts on “Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor tommorow!”