A preview article by: Lee Sonogan
This new Mario is about Mario outside the Mushroom kingdom and into a new and interesting world. Bowser is at it again and Mario must stop him from force marrying Princess Peach. This is the first game in the Super Mario series to have a vocal theme song “Jump Up, Super Star!”. It will be a sandbox style game similar to Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine
The new game resembles the real world in a lot of ways. And it is more focused on exploration and open world game features. For what I have seen of it on youtube already, it lots to be a very large open world. Odyssey is the 3rd Mario Game to be rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and up by the ESRB, after Mario Strikers Charged Football in 2007 and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team in 2013.
Mario has a talking hat. It adds to the gameplay of the game in many different ways. You can become enemies of different sorts and much more. That hat is named Cappy while the game has many other returning supporting characters. Such as the old Captain toad, Princess Peach, Pauline and more.
Fun facts about the upcoming game:
- Director: Kenta Motokura
- Stars: Charles Martinet, Kenny James and Samantha Kelly
- Was featured in: Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017, Top 10 E3 2017 games, and Hyper Japan 2017.
- It has many references to other video games in it.
- You can be a dinosaur.
- Random additional features.
- There does not appear to be any lives in the game. Instead you lose 10 coins.
- There is going to be new amiibos for the game which unlocks new attire for Mario.
- Various mounts you can ride in the different levels of the game.
- With the old moveset, new moves are added such as the Long Jump, Roll, Ground Pound, Spin Jump, the Triple Jump and the Dive.
Overall I am very tempted to buy this game. If I did I would take a lot of images. It looks very ambitious and different to any other video game. Features I like are the Co-op modes, imagery/style, puzzles, level designs, different feels, sound, the weirdness of it all and much more. I hope it can rival Super Mario Sunshine and the galaxy Mario video games. This video games release date is on the 27th of October and will be available then worldwide.
PS – The Nintendo Switch is a highly underrated video system. And I want this video game pretty bad now.
“Super Mario” has become the default nickname for any Mario.”
― Jeff Ryan,