Negative predictions for the future. Going back hundred of years, people have predicted the future. Gods to the end of the world. These are only predictions, so find them interesting and do not belive in its hype.
- Peter Olivi – This 13th-century theologian wrote that the Antichrist would come to power between the years 1300 and 1340, and the Last Judgement would take place around the year 2000.
- Isaac Newton – Newton predicted that Christ’s Millennium would begin in the year 2000 in his book Observations upon the Prophecies of Daniel, and the Apocalypse of St. John.
- Ruth Montgomery – This self-described Christian psychic predicted the Earth’s axis would shift and the Antichrist would reveal himself in the year 2000.
- Jonathan Edwards – This 18th-century preacher predicted that Christ’s thousand-year reign would begin in this year of 2000.
- Tynnetta Muhammad – This columnist for the Nation of Islam predicted the end would occur in 2001.
- Nancy Lieder – Lieder originally predicted the date for the Nibiru collision as May 2003. According to her website, aliens in the Zeta Reticuli star system told her through messages via a brain implant of a planet which would enter our solar system and cause a pole shift on Earth that would destroy most of humanity.
- Aum Shinrikyo – This Japanese cult predicted the world would be destroyed by a nuclear war between October 30 and November 29, 2003.
- Harold Camping – Camping predicted that the Rapture and devastating earthquakes would occur on May 21, 2011 with God taking approximately 3% of the world’s population into Heaven, and that the end of the world would occur five months later on October 21.
- Various – There were fears amongst the public that Comet Elenin travelling almost directly between Earth and the Sun would cause disturbances to the Earth’s crust, causing massive earthquakes and tidal waves. Others predicted that Elenin would collide with Earth on October 16. Scientists tried to calm fears by stating that none of these events were possible. – In 2011 Aug-Oct
- Various – The supposed Mayan apocalypse at the end of the 13th b’ak’tun. The Earth would be destroyed by an asteroid, Nibiru, or some other interplanetary object; an alien invasion; or a supernova. Mayanist scholars stated that no extant classic Maya accounts forecasted impending doom, and that the idea that the Long Count calendar ends in 2012 misrepresented Maya history and culture. Scientists from NASA, along with expert archeologists, stated that none of those events were possible.
- Grigori Rasputin – Rasputin prophesied a storm would take place on this day where fire would destroy most life on land and Jesus Christ would come back to Earth to comfort those in distress. – On 23 Aug 2013
- End time Prophecies, Jul 29 2016 – A viral video from the YouTube channel “End Time Prophecies” claimed that the world would end on this day. They predicted that the Earth would undergo a “polar flip”, which would apparently cause the Earth’s atmosphere to be pulled to the ground as the surface reels like a vacuum, causing a “rolling cloud” to cover the planet. They also claimed that a worldwide “megaquake” would ensue.
Predictions of scientists
- Year 500,000 – Nick Bostrom – Earth will have likely been hit by an asteroid of roughly 1km in diameter during this period, assuming cannot be averted. Bostrom writes “In order to cause the extinction of human life, the impacting body would probably have to be greater than 1 km in diameter and probably 3 – 10 km.
- Year 1 million, The Geological Society – Earth will likely have undergone a supervolcanic eruption large enough to erupt 3,200 km3 of magma, an event comparable to the Toba supereruption 75,000 years ago.
- Year 100 million, Stephen A. Nelson – Earth will have likely been hit by an asteroid about 10–15 km in diameter (comparable in size to the one that triggered the K–Pg extinction which killed dinosaurs 66 million years ago), assuming it cannot be averted.
- Year 500 million, James Kasting – The level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere will drop dramatically, making the Earth uninhabitable.
- Year 1-5 billion, Various – The estimated end of the Sun’s current phase of development, after which it will swell into a red giant, either swallowing the Earth or at least completely scorching it, will occur around five billion years from now. However, as the Sun grows gradually hotter (over millions of years), the Earth may become too hot for life as early as one billion years from now.
- Year 7.59 billion, David Powell – The Earth and Moon will be most likely destroyed by falling into the Sun, just before the Sun reaches the tip of its red giant phase and its maximum radius of 256 times the present day value. Before the final collision, the Moon possibly spirals below Earth’s Roche limit, breaking into a ring of debris, most of which falls to the Earth’s surface.
- Year 22 billion, Various – The end of the Universe in the Big Rip scenario, assuming a model of dark energy with w = −1.5. Observations of galaxy cluster speeds by the Chandra X-ray Observatory suggest that the true value of w is ~-0.991, meaning the Big Rip will not occur.
- Year 10 Duotriginyillion, Various – The heat death of the universe is a scientific theory, in which the universe will diminish to a state of no thermodynamic free energy and therefore will no longer sustain motion or life.
2020, Jeanie Dixon – Jeane Dixon claimed that Armageddon would take place in 2020, and Jesus will return to defeat the unholy Trinity of the Antichrist, Satan, and the False prophet between 2020 and 2037. She had also previously predicted the world would end on February 4, 1962.
2021, F. Kenton Beshore – F. Kenton Beshore bases his prediction on the prior suggestion that Jesus would return in 1988, i.e., within one Biblical generation (40 years) of the founding of Israel in 1948. Beshore argues that the prediction was correct, but that the definition of a Biblical generation was incorrect and was actually 70–80 years, placing the Second Coming of Jesus between 2018 and 2028 and the Rapture by 2021 at the latest.
- 2021 — Greenland moves towards full independence | Water crisis in southwest USA | The world’s largest insect swarm re-emerges | Five-year survival rates for breast cancer are approaching 100% | Male birth control pills are entering the market | The world’s first artificial kidney | Launch of the Terrafugia TF-X flying car | The first Arabian mission to Mars | India’s first manned space flight | A rapidly changing workforce | Wireless electricity is reaching critical mass | Traditional microchips are reaching the limits of miniaturisation | Completion of the Shenzhen-Zhongshan Bridge
- 2022 — India becomes the most populous country on Earth | The ITER experimental fusion reactor is switched on | Solar grid parity has been reached in almost 10% of the US | Germany phases out nuclear energy | Beijing hosts the Winter Olympics | Qatar hosts the FIFA World Cup | China’s first space station is complete | The European Extremely Large Telescope is operational | The Large Synoptic Survey Telescope begins full operations | Japanese probe to a Martian moon | New Horizons completes its study of the Kuiper Belt | The AIDA mission arrives at Didymos | Water is becoming a weapon of war | Global reserves of antimony are running out | Nanotech clothes are growing rapidly in use | Poland begins exporting the PL-01 stealth tank
2039 — Full immersion virtual reality | The world’s first trillionaire | Manufacturing jobs have largely disappeared in the West | Australia’s national symbol, the Koala, faces extinction | Five-year survival rates for leukaemia are approaching 100% | The U.S. population reaches 400m | Extreme heatwaves are commonplace in the U.S.
- 2060, Isaac Newton – According to Isaac Newton’s research of the Bible, Jesus will rapture his Church one jubilee from the time of Israel re-acquiring Jerusalem.
- 2129, Said Nursi – According to abjad interpretation of a hadith, this Sunni Muslim theologian who wrote the Risale-i Nur Collection, which expects the end in 2129.
- 2200, Various – Using a cricket analogy of the doomsday argument, the last humans will be born before the start of the year 2200.
- 2239, Taimud, Orthodox Judaism – According to an opinion on the Talmud in mainstream Orthodox Judaism, the Messiah will come within 6000 years from the creation of Adam, and the world could possibly be destroyed 1000 years later. This would put the beginning of the period of desolation in the year 2239 CE and the end of the period of desolation in the year 3239 CE
- 2280, Rashad Khalifa – According to Rashad Khalifa’s research on the Quran Code, the world will end during that year.
- 11120, John A Lesile – According to Leslie’s figures for the doomsday argument, the last humans will be born within the next 9120 years.