These actors and actresses are all good for very different reasons. Each has starred in the best movies and tv shows around.
1. Tom Hardy
- Known best for:Mad Max:Fury Road, Inception, The dark knight rises and The revenant.
- He joined Drama Centre London in September 1998 and was taken out early to work on Band of Brothers. One of his classmates at drama school was Michael Fassbender, both appeared in Band of Brothers and Hardy stated that Fassbender was the best actor in the school.
- He was nominated for a 2004 Laurence Olivier Theatre Award for Most Promising Newcomer of 2003 in a Society of London Theatre Affliate for his performance in “In Arabia, We’d All Be Kings”, performed at the Hampstead Theatre.
- Trained under Anthony Hopkins’ former mentor at the London Drama Centre.
- Shares an agent with Ewan McGregor: Lindy King. Hardy has a tattoo with his agent’s name on his left arm.
- Has written two television series with Kelly Marcel, both of which have sold to production companies.
- Good friends with Benedict Cumberbatch. They starred together in Stuart: A Life Backwards and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
- Has English and Irish ancestry.
2. Seth Rogan
- Known best for: The interview, Superbad, Pinnapple express, and This is the End.
- His parents met each other in Israel.
- Started as a stand-up comic when he was 13.
- Seth Rogen auditioned for a lead role in Dude, Where’s My Car?
- Due to his deep voice and bulky frame, he has always appeared old for his age. When he was doing stand-up in his teens, he was often thought to have been in his 20s, and at the age of 22, he convincingly played a 30-something character in The 40 Year-Old Virgin.
- One of the writers for Preacher, Sasage Party, The interview, Superbad, Pinnapple express and many more.
3. Ryan Reynolds
- Known best for: Deadpool, Green lanturn, Buried and The proposal.
- Has a fear of flying since he once went skydiving and parachute failed to open at the first attempt.
- Has expressed great interest in portraying the DC Comics character the Flash, should Warner Bros. ever decide to do a film adaptation of the comic book.
- In 2002, he badly injured his back jumping from a bridge in Zurich, Switzerland.
- Loves traveling and riding motorcycles.
- Gained 25 pounds of muscle for his role as “Hannibal King” in Blade: Trinity
- He was awarded a star on Canada’s Walk of Fame in Toronto, Ontario in 2014.
- (Halloween 2015) went Trick-or-Treating with children as the character Deadpool, promoting his role as the title character in Deadpool.
4. Leonardo Dicaprio
- Known best for: Inception, The wolf on wall street, The Departed and Titanic
- DiCaprio is passionate about environmental and humanitarian causes, having donated $1,000,000 to earthquake relief efforts in 2010, the same year he contributed $1,000,000 to the Wildlife Conservation Society.
- Sues Playgirl magazine over plans to publish pictures –including full frontal nudity — of himself. [March 1998]
- Auditioned for the role of Dick Grayson/Robin in Batman Forever, which went to Chris O’Donnell.
- At age 10, his agent advised him to change his name to a more American-friendly Lenny Williams. Needless to say, he did not follow that advice.
- Was set to star in American Psycho but had to drop it due to scheduling conflicts. Christian Bale took the part instead.
- In January 1999, his lawyers filed an application to allow DiCaprio to copyright his own name.
- Very good friends with actresses Kate Winslet and Marion Cotillard and actors Tom Hardy and Vincent Gallo.
- In his childhood, he and his mother lived in poor neighborhoods in Los Angeles which he describes as “Ghettos of Hollywood”.
- In 1994, he became the seventh youngest actor ever to be nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor at age 19. He was nominated for his performance in What’s Eating Gilbert Grape
5. Lena Headey
- Known best for: 300, Game of thrones, 300: rise of an empire and The purge
- Had a tattoo on her arm saying ‘Jason’ in Thai.
- Her father, a police officer, was sent to train in Bermuda shortly before Headey was born.
- Is close friends with her Game of Thrones co-star, Peter Dinklage, who suggested she audition for the role of “Cersei Lannister”.
- Is a vegetarian.
- Had to learn how to skin a rabbit for The Brothers Grimm.
- Born in Bermuda, and move to Huddersfield, Yorkshire at age 5 where she lived until age 17.
- Lives in Laurel Canyon, California with her husband and their two dogs: Wizard and Angela Lansbury. [January 2008]
6. Helena Bonham Carter
- Known best for: The king’s speech, Sweeney Todd: the demon barber of fleet street, Alice in wonderland and Fight club.
- Speaks French fluently.
- Is close friends with Johnny Depp, who often works with her fiancé, Tim Burton. In fact, Depp is the godfather of her child with Burton, Billy Ray.
- She based her performance of Marla Singer in Fight Club (1999) on Judy Garland in the later stages of her life. To help her get into the mindset, director David Fincher would often call her Judy on-set.
- Describes her character in the Harry Potter films, Bellatrix Lestrange, as a sadist and a racist, obsessed with blood purity.
- A fight between her and Gary Oldman in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was cut from the final film. She had been training for three weeks for the fight.
- Wears fake teeth in 10 of her films – Planet of the Apes, Big Fish, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Great Expectations, Cinderella and the four Harry Potter films.
- Underwent extensive vocal lessons and studied baking in preparation for her role in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
7. Elijah Woods
- Known best for: The lord of the rings 1 and 2, Green street hooligans and Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.
- Elijah has an older brother, Zack Wood (b. 1974), who works in video games, and a younger sister, Hannah Wood (b. 1983).
- He was the first recipient of the NATO/ShoWest Young Star of the Year Award.
- He heard about the Lord of the Rings trilogy while filming The Faculty. Immediately, he sensed that this was the chance of a lifetime. Director George Huang, a personal friend of Wood’s, filmed his audition tape for the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. He shot the scene from different angles which were cut together for the video. They sent the video off to New Zealand for director Peter Jackson and a few months later, he got the part.
- Admits to owning thousands of CDs in many musical genres, because he loves music so much.
- Received an injury under his eyebrow during the filming of Green Street (aka “The Yank), leaving a visible scar.
- His record label Simian Records released its first album, New Magnetic Wonder by The Apples in Stereo [February 2007]
8. Christopher Walken
- Known best for: Catch me if you can, Man on fire, Wedding crashers and the deer hunter.
- Walken initially intended to study dancing instead of acting, but dropped out of Hofstra University after one year when he landed an off-Broadway musical “Best Foot Forward” in 1963.
- Was George Lucas’ second choice for the role of Han Solo in Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope
- .Has a phobia of going too fast in cars.
- Worked briefly as a lion tamer in a circus at age 15.
- Won an MTV Video Music Award for choreographing his own dancing in Fatboy Slim’s 2001 music video “Weapon Of Choice”, directed by Spike Jonze.
- In his 35 years in film, he has acted in well over 90 films. He rarely turns down a part, under the belief that making movies (whether they turn out good or bad) is always a rewarding experience.
- Doesn’t use a computer or own a cell phone.
- Is a very skilled chef.
9. Wionna Ryder
- Known best for: Edward scissorhands, Black swan, Stranger things, and Girl, interrupted.
- She briefly checked herself into a hospital when she was 20, because she was suffering from depression, anxiety attacks and exhaustion, resulting from constantly working on films.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 7018 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on October 6, 2000. She was voted Best Dressed Celebrity of the Week by Entertainment Weekly for the event. Her great friend Anthony Hopkins attended the ceremony.
- Auditioned for the role of Marla Singer in Fight Club, which eventually went to Helena Bonham Carter.
- Turned down the lead role in Sabrina because she felt she could not fill Audrey Hepburn’s shoes and that the role was marked by sexism.
- Received an honorary Master’s degree in Fine Arts from the American Conservatory Theater.
- Beat out Kate Beckinsale, Carla Gugino and Uma Thurman for the role of Geneva in The Dilemma.
10. Morgan Freeman
- Known best for: The shawshank redemtion, Seven, Driving miss daisy and Million dollar baby.
- Recently earned a Private Pilot license.
- Has his own production company, Revelation Entertainment.
- Has starred in two movies based on Stephen King books: Dreamcatcher and The Shawshank Redemption.
- Owns a boat which is berthed in the Caribbean. His busy schedule, however, only allows him to go sailing on it once a year.
- Speaks fluent French. He gave an introductory speech in French to the crowd of extras gathered in Montreal’s Olympic Stadium to portray the Baltimore Super Bowl audience in The Sum of All Fears
- Narrated 2 Academy Award-winning feature-length documentaries: The Long Way Home and March of the Penguins.
- Works closely with screenwriter Grant Boucher.
- Recently became a beekeeper.